Ceiling Lifts Offer Numerous Advantages to Caregivers
Caregiving is a challenging job. It is even more challenging when the individual that the caregiver is caring for suffers from mobility issues. It does not matter if the problem is as small as difficulty in walking or as complicated as the complete dysfunction of the legs.
Annually, multiple caregivers and the individuals that they care for experience injuries directly related to moving and/or transferring patients from one area to another. If you are caring for a loved one that has problems in moving, you should consider ceiling lifts.
Not only do these tools help ensure your overall safety, they aid in optimizing the safety of the individual that you care for. In this guide, you will learn about ceiling lifts and the benefits that the devices provide.
What Are Ceiling Lifts?
A ceiling lift is a specially-designed motorized device that lifts a person and transfers them from one point to another point, through the means of a sturdy home modified overhead track system.
In most instances, the track system is placed on the ceiling; however, it may be a portable track system.
A sling is integrated into the ceiling lift unit that is designed for the placement of the individual being moved.
For several years, these have been utilized in hospitals and skilled nursing facilities. Now, units are available that may be conveniently placed within a residential unit.
Ceiling lifts not only aid in moving a patient, they permit the patient to remain within the comfort of their home for longer periods of time.
Ceiling Lifts are Highly Advantageous
Numerous benefits are associated with ceiling lifts. The following outlines the main benefits associated with these medical devices:
- Ceiling lifts help to reduce – or, possibly even completely eliminate – the chance of caregiver injury.
- Physical demands – like lifting – are drastically reduced.
- Patients experience fewer complications with the issues of pressure ulcers on the body and the development of respiratory complications – such as pneumonia – because of the fact that they are able to be moved and transferred much more easily.
- Patients require less use of anti-inflammatory medications and medications that treat pain because they are able to be moved more often than if a ceiling lift is not used.
- The patient’s quality of life is dramatically improved; therefore, reducing the possibility of a weakened immune system or the need for care outside of the home.
When opting for ceiling lifts, you will discover that these devices have numerous features. Examples of these include battery powered units with charging systems that are built in, specific unit weights, the lift and/or raise capacity, controls that help to power the ceiling lift, an overspeed governor unit, emergency lowering capacity, and a sling attachment instead of a sling loop.
If you are a caregiver, you must not only protect the individual that you care for, but, you must also protect yourself. Ceiling lifts will help you do that, and more! To research and/or obtain ceiling lifts in New Jersey, contact us today by clicking on the following link: https://backhomesafely.com/contact-us/
- Aging At Home
- Aging In Place
- Barrier Free Shower
- Barrier-Free Bathroom
- Barrier-Free Bathrooms NJ
- Barrier-Free Remodeling
- Benefits of Aging At Home
- Ceiling Lifts
- Chair Lifts NJ
- Grab Bars NJ
- Home Away From Home Podcast
- Home Hazards
- Home Safety For Seniors
- Home Safety NJ
- News for People with Disabilities
- Platform Wheelchair Lifts
- Senior Eye Problems
- Senior Health
- Senior Safety
- Stair Lifts NJ
- Stair Rails NJ
- Stair Safety
- Walk In Bathtub
- Walk In Shower
- Wheelchair Hazards
- Wheelchair Lifts
- Wheelchair Ramps
- Wheelchair Ramps NJ